Makes about 40 biscuits
200g soft butter or margarine
1tsp vanilla extract
2tsp baking powder
500ml plain flour
Preheat the oven to 200oc.
1. Place the butter and sugar in a large bowl.
2. Mix (with electrical whisk) until well combined.
3. Add the remaining ingredients.
4. Mix well by hand or with a spoon.
5. Until it forms a dough.
6. Split the dough in 4.
7a. Roll to lengths.
7b. Or shape to lengths if easier as….
7c. …sometimes the dough keeps splitting like this making it very hard to roll.
8. They should be roughly finger thick.
9. Place on a baking tray (two on each) covered in baking paper. You can flatten them slightly.
10. Bake in the middle of the oven for 12-15minutes until golden (sometimes you need to rotate the tray to prevent one end from getting burnt).
11. Remove from the oven and cut into biscuits whilst still hot.
12. Leave uncovered on a cooling rack to cool.
13. Store in a air tight tin.