225ml plain flour
1pinch of salt
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
6 tablespoons of cacao powder
300ml whipping/double cream
300g 74% dark chocolate
Preheat oven to 175oc.
1. Place the butter in a microwave safe bowl.
2. Melt the butter.
3. Stir in the sugar.
4. Add the cocoa, flour, salt and vanilla extract.
5. Mix well.
6. Add the eggs and mix until mixture is smooth.
7. Finished mixture.
8. Place baking paper in the bottom of a large springform baking tin (25cm diameter).
9. Pour in the mixture and bake in middle of the oven for 35minutes.
10. Remove from the oven (it will still be soft and sticky so don’t do a stick test to see if it’s done). Leave to cool.
Whilst the cake is cooling prepare the ganache:
1. Break up chocolate and place in a saucepan.
2. Add the cream and melt on low heat.
3. Keep stirring as the chocolate melts.
4. Remove from the heat when all the chocolate has melted and ganache is smooth and glossy.
Leave the ganache to cool, stirring occasionally to prevent a skin layer to form on top.
5. Pour the cold ganache over the cold cake and place in fridge to cool (or freezer if cake is for a later date).
6. When the ganache has set, remove the springform and baking paper and place the cake on a serving plate. I sometimes put fresh raspberries on top.