500g (1100ml) porridge oats (I usually split 50/50 between cheep flaky once and expensive firmer once)
100-200g mixed nuts (and/or seeds)
30g (2 tblsp) oil
200g (200ml) boiling water
Preheat the oven to 220oc.
1. Place the nuts on a chopping board.
2. Coarsely chop the nuts.
3. Place in a bowl with the oats.
4. In a separate bowl mix oil and honey.
5. Add the boiling water and stir until honey is dissolved.
6. Pour the liquid over the oats and nuts.
7. Mix well.
8. Place the cereal in a deep oven tray and bake in lower part of the oven.
9. Stir the cereal every 10-15minute to ensure the edges don’t burn.
10. When all the cereal is golden and dry it is done.
Leave to cool without cover and place in storage jar.